Angelica Root, is another important variety of Mato Pejuta (Bear Medicine). There are four species of Bear Medicine which include Osha Root, Lovage, Angelica Root, and Bitterroot or Muskrat Root)
Angelica is used to relieve anxiety and nervousness, and is also a good remedy for those suffering with autoimmune imbalances or diseases. Also traditionally used in ceremonies and by singers who chew on angelica root to help clear their throats.
FOR THE MIND
• Calms nervousness + racing thoughts
• Improves insomnia
• Relieves anxiety
• Helps reduce brain fog - awakens + clarifies
• Boosts mental strength
FOR THE BODY
• Helps with symptoms brought on by chronic immune conditions such as Celiac, rheumatism and Lyme disease.
• Stimulates circulatory and lymphatic system
• Relieves fatigue + symptoms from stress-related illnesses
• Good for sluggish liver and spleen
• Reduces indigestion, heartburn + bloating
• Has anti-viral properties
• Clears the throat, relieves sore throat + strengthens lungs